Thursday, February 11, 2010

Coming soon: The Ice Dragon


Opportunities for taking "snow pictures" in southwestern Indiana are rare and can't be ignored. The winters are generally mild, producing only a few days of snow. When snow does blanket our garden, I am eager to see how the familiar has become fascinating. I grab my camera and go exploring.

This year, I was captivated by dried Oak Leaf Hydrangea flowers, pictured above. Last year, an ice storm devastated the Ohio Valley and left our trees and shrubs looking like broken and distorted crystal chandeliers. It was awful and it was beautiful. Amazingly photogenic.

I was inspired by these images to write a Garden Pixie story that takes place in winter. It will be ready another week or so. You will like the images. Your children will like the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment